LIFE Fellowship Family… it’s Time to Build!
We have less than 100 days and counting to raise $2 million in pledges and cash!
By June 1, 2015, we need to have $2 million in pledges and cash before the bank will authorize our construction loan.
For more information on the new building and how you can invest in LIFE Fellowship, please check out the Time to Build webpage.
Where LIFE is defined.
KidLIFE (Birth – 5th Grade)
StudentLIFE (Grades 6-8)
HOURS: Mon-Thurs 9am-4pm
What To Expect
- “It is my pleasure to encourage anyone in the area who is looking for a dynamic Bible church that upholds the truth of God’s Word to consider Life Fellowship.”
- “If I were looking to pursue God in a vital way in the Charlotte area, I would connect with Life Fellowship.”
- “God builds great churches through great leaders…men and women who follow Jesus’ model and serve people. This is a major reason why I am excited about this church.”
- “I want to recommend to anyone who is hungry to know and understand the message of Scripture to get behind this vision.”
- “We at Fellowship Bible Church of Little Rock are very excited about the church planting efforts of Bobby Conway. We plan on investing our resources as a church in helping Bobby make this new venture a success. We would encourage anyone else to do the same.”
Our mission is to pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE! We want to do less me-centered living and more God-centered living. When God becomes the radiant center of our lives, we begin to do more than merely exist—we begin to live. But don’t let anyone fool you; living for God is costly. At times, it means trusting Him when life makes zero sense. At other times, it means letting go of our own personal desires in order to experience what He desires.
At Life Fellowship, we believe it’s worth the effort to pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered life. There is simply nothing more rewarding than living for the One who sent His Son to die for us. It’s quite the paradox, but Jesus died for us so that we might live for Him. Jesus said, “I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly” (John 10:10). We want everyone to experience the LIFE that Jesus came to give us and the key is to pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE! We have to pursue the one who came to pursue us (Luke 19:10).
At Life Fellowship we start our services by saying, “Welcome to the place where LIFE is defined.” We say that because we believe when you pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE, your life will no longer lack definition. We define LIFE this way: real life is never fully defined until one is:
Living In Community
Investing In Growth
Finding Your Purpose
Embracing Our Mission
God wants each of us to live a fully-orbed LIFE. Some people do great living in community, but not so great embracing God’s mission. It is only when we experience each of the LIFE components that our life will feel well defined. At Life Fellowship, we believe when you pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE that you will end up living in community, investing in growth, finding your purpose and embracing your mission. When this happens, LIFE happens. When LIFE happens, God’s vision for His church happens!
We live in a culture that often shirks at the idea of absolute truth. In fact, our culture is marching to the tune of a belief known as relativism, which states, “There is no such thing as truth.” At Life Fellowship not only do we believe in truth, but we also believe truth can be known, experienced and defined. Though we live in a world full of untold mysteries and serve a God of mystery He has chosen to reveal to us some very simple, yet profound truths that we express beneath through the acrostic: D-O-C-T-R-I-N-E.
Deity and Humanity of Christ –
(John 1:1, 20:28; Acts 20:28b; Hebrews 1:8a; Titus 1:3b, 2:13)
Original Sin and Separation from God –
(Genesis 1:26, 2:1-17, 6:5; Romans 3:10-19; Ephesians 2:1-3)
Christ’s Death for Sin and His Bodily Resurrection –
(John 3:16; Romans 5:8, 10:9-10)
The Trinity –
(Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 12:29; John 1:14; Acts)
Return of Christ Physically –
(Ezekiel 37:21-28; Matthew 24:15-25; 2Timothy 3:1-5; Revelation 20:1-3)
Inerrancy and authority of Scripture –
(Mark 12:26, 12:36, 13:11; Luke 24:27; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
Necessary Salvation by Grace Through Faith in Christ Alone –
(John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9)
Eternal Security of the Believer –
(John 5:24, 10:28, 13:1, 14:16-17, 17:11; Romans 8:29; 1 Corinthians 6:19)
Ministry Leadership Pastor
Worship & Arts Pastor
Ladies of LIFE Director
Administration & Office Manager
Communications & Admin Support
Marriage & Family Partner
We meet at
Community School of Davidson
565 Griffith St.
Davidson, NC 28036
Sunday 9:30AM Service
KidLife (Birth – 5th Grade)
StudentLife (Grades 6-8)
StudentLife (Grades 9-12)
View Larger Map
NEXT NEWCOMER’S AND LIFEQUEST CLASSES:
7-20-14 – LifeQuest Membership Class
9-7-14 – Newcomer’s Reception
9-14-14 – LifeQuest Membership Class
When it comes to finding a church home, one of the most important facets we investigate is the Sunday morning service. When we visit a church we find ourselves asking questions such as: “Do I like the music? Are the people friendly? Can I connect with the pastor?” If so, it’s a done deal! This is where we belong.”
Okay, that might be stretching it a little bit, but here is what we do know: Sunday morning service’s only gives people a snap shot of the church as a whole. There is so much more to the local church than just the Sunday morning service.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER | ABOUT LIFEQUEST:
That is where Life Quest comes in. Life Quest is a 90-minute class that is designed to help our guests gain a better understanding of what we call our “LIFE vision”. One of our members has described Life Quest as “the place where people can really get under the hood of what we are doing.”
At Life Quest, we talk about the vision, values, philosophy and beliefs behind Life Fellowship. It’s a great place to hear the story of how Life Fellowship came to be. Furthermore, it provides a wonderful opportunity for meeting other guests and asking questions you may have.
In fact, Life Quest is our official membership class. It’s at this class where the rubber meets the road. After attending Life Quest, people feel like they have a much better grasp of the vision of Life Fellowship Church. More importantly, when people leave, they know if this is the type of church of which they want to become a part. What you will enjoy the most about this tour through the vision of Life Fellowship is this vision can become your vision. Life Fellowship calls others to join in our story by helping people realize that our story can become their story. For more information about when the next Life Quest class is scheduled, please contact our administrative assistant, Brian Erwin.
LIFE WORSHIP TEAM
Contact: Pastor Jason Lanier
For those looking to be part of the worship team, please contact Pastor Jason Lanier directly to inquire about availability, and schedule and auditions.
- People to help with the computer, video and ProPresenter slides
- Sound technician (Experience with soundboards and sound production needed)
- Set up and tear down Audio/Visual equipment
- Sound tech assistants
Contact: Rebecca Peters (KidLife Director)
- Teacher assistants for all classes for 8AM, 9:30AM and 11AM services
- 2 to 4 On-Site Leaders (Serve once a month)
- 2 ELEVATE leaders (Serve once a month)
- 8 Teachers for all classes
Note: All positions in KidLife require membership and a background check. The background check form can be found HERE.
Contact: Simon Foster (StudentLife Pastor)
- StudentLife University for both High School and Middle School
- StudentLife Discipleship (Mid-Week)
- Student small group leaders
Note all positions in StudentLife require membership and a background check. The background check form can be found HERE.
ON SITE MINISTRIES
Staff Contact – Bob Conway Sr.
Greeters – Contact: Bob Lemon
- Greeting church congregation and guest upon arrival on Sunday morning
- Able to give a warm first impression to new visitors
- Church Membership Required
- Serve once every 2-4 weeks
Set-up/Tear-Down Team – Contact: Paul Dye
- Set-up/tear-down of platforms, chairs, preparing classrooms and nurseries
- Set-up on Saturday mornings – 8 a.m. (approx. 1-1/2 hours)
- Tear-down on Sundays after last service (approx. 1 hour)
- Serve once every 4 weeks
Assimilation – Contact: Helen Johnson
- Sign in first-time visitors – Able to give a warm impression
- Guide them and their children thru the facilities
- Help them get plugged in to serving, membership etc.
- Serve once every four weeks before church services
- Church Membership is required
Security/Parking Team – Contact: Scott Duever
- Parking – Guide cars into the parking lots
- Parking – Escort first time visitors to the Welcome Center.
- Serve once every four weeks before and after service on Sunday.
- Security – Look after the safety and security of all people on campus (training required)
- Serve once every 2-4 weeks as required
Medical Team – Contact: Julie Fuselier
- Assist in medical emergencies during services on Sunday
- Provide first-aid as required
- Must have medical experience
- Serve once every 2-4 weeks during service
LADIES OF LIFE
Contact: Pam Meyer (Director)
- Special Events
- Bible Studies
- Care and Concern
- Mentoring (Church Membership Required)
Contact: Linda Gragilla
- Bulletin Preparation
Life Support Grants | Policies and Procedures
The LIFE Support Grant program is designed to offer financial assistance to worthy missional projects specifically designed to integrate the Gospel into communities both local and internationally via events, partnerships, projects, trips, supplies and other unique opportunities.
Grants may be awarded in amounts ranging from $50 up to $1,000.
To qualify for a grant, the following must be in place:
- An active church member of LIFE Fellowship must download the LIFE Support Grant Application from our website or request one through the church office.
- The Grant Application form must be fully completed both front and back.
- The application must be submitted by the 1st of the month for consideration during that month.
- The application must clearly demonstrate that there is a gospel component to the project for which financial support is being requested. This can take place through teaching, preaching, street evangelism, literature distribution, drama, music, testimony, etc… Grants will not be awarded for projects that are solely social or humanitarian in nature – there must be a gospel component specifically involved.
Grants may be requested for the following purposes:
- Community Outreaches (Local)
- Printing/Publication of gospel-oriented literature
- Events that involve a gospel message
- Trips – local or international
- Special projects – local or international
- Life Group Missional Activity Support – (ie…bulk food for soup kitchen ministry, purchase of supplies for ministry baskets, refreshments for a block party or community meeting, etc…)
- Partner support for a para-church ministries in which church members will be joining with another group or organization on a special project or event
Grants may NOT be used for the following purposes:
- Personal Missions Trips
- Benevolence Needs
- Social projects that do not have a clear Gospel component
- Political purposes of any kind including rallies, candidates, publications, literature, etc…
- Any event, cause or activity in which the grant recipient will personally benefit financially apart from the specific activity approved
- A different project or event from the one approved at the time of application
Process for Requesting a LIFE Support grant:
- Download the LIFE Support Grant Application from the church website (found under the missions tab) or request a form from the church office.
- Complete all sections of the application and submit it to the church office to the attention of the Executive Pastor via email or mail.
- The grant approval committee will meet the last week of each month to approve grants for the following months.
- All grant requests must be received no later than the 28th of the month prior to needing the funds and no more than six months in advance.
- Applicants will be notified via phone call or email of their approval/disapproval within 24 hours following the grant approval committee meeting.
Additional notes and comments:
- Not all grants will be approved and approval is not guaranteed even if it meets the announced guidelines.
- Funds budgeted for LIFE Support projects may be awarded in subsequent months if they have not been requested in previous months.
- No individual, family, group or ministry shall be eligible for grant support more than once each quarter.
- Grants are intended for one-time special needs or projects and are not to be used for regular monthly support of a ministry.
To Apply please fill out this form.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to email the Executive Pastor, Dan Burrell.
Life Groups are one of the primary ways in which we ‘do life together’ at Life Fellowship. Our Life Groups are open to members and non-members alike. We encourage all of our members to connect and plug into a Life Group at Life Fellowship. If you are new to Life Fellowship and not a member yet, we strongly encourage you to engage in a Life Group setting as well. Our Life Groups provide a fantastic opportunity to Gather, Grow, and Go. (read more about our vision…) Below, you will see many of our Life Groups. More Life Groups are coming soon… We have more than 40 Life Groups in total that meet around the Charlotte area. Our groups meet on various nights throughout the week and in various locations. Some eat together, some provide childcare, and some gather in creative ways.
Our purpose is to engage each man by equipping them to pursue a God centered LIFE and by empowering them to be the spiritual leader of their family and community. For more info, contact our Men of LIFE Director Chuck Shallish at email@example.com.
HOW CAN I CONNECT:
MEN OF LIFE RETREAT – APRIL 17-18
Refocus… Gathering around a clear Vision of Manhood, Discipleship and Leadership
Purpose: To gather 75 men of LIFE Fellowship and define manhood, grow in our spiritual journey, and equip ourselves to be the leaders that God intended. We will look at the manhood definition, discuss the vision for the Men of LIFE Fellowship, be challenged in our own discipleship journeys, and be encouraged by those around us.
Where: Meadowbrook Inn & Suites Conference Center in Blowing Rock, NC
When: Friday, April 17th & Saturday April 18th. Check in begins on Friday at 7pm. Ending Saturday at 5pm.
Cost for the retreat is $100. Register on GraceBase today!
For more details, please contact Chuck Shallish
Men’s Bible Study (Mooresville)
6:30AM at Panera Bread in Mooresville (exit 36 off I-77)
2nd and 4th Fridays of the month.
For More Details Contact: Scott Fennie
Wednesday Night Basketball
For More Details Contact: Mike Kozlinski
Men’s Bible Study
2nd and 4th Friday of each month
For More Details Contact: Bill Lord
Men of LIFE Discipling/Mentoring
If you’re interested, please contact: Chuck Shallish
“To pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE”
So that ladies would be, friends, sisters, wives and mothers that become world changing followers of Christ.
Gospel: Jesus Christ his life, death, burial and resurrection. (1 Cor 15, Romans 5:8, Romans 1:16-17)
Gather: We gather in Bible Studies and Discipleship, to encourage, enrich and equip our women to be lifelong students of God’s word. (Acts 2:42-47, Ecclesiastes 4:12, Matthew 18:20)
Grow: We emphasize growth through the fulfillment of Titus 2:3-5. We create an atmosphere where ladies can be encouraged, where the Holy Spirit can work and where ladies do life together in a God-centered way. (1 Peter 2:1-3, Philippians 4:8-9)
Go: We share the gospel of Jesus Christ in our homes, neighborhoods, community and to all the world. ( Matthew 28:18-20)
Current Opportunities to Gather and Grow:
Register for these studies through GraceBase.
Seeking Him: Experiencing the Joy of Personal Revival
Beth Moore: 1 & 2 Thessalonians
Beings January 14
Meeting at 9:30am – 11:30am at Lake Norman Baptist Church (7921 Sam Furr Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078)
also meeting at 7:00pm – 9:00pm at Life Fellowship Offices (16507 Northcross Dr, Huntersville, NC 28078)
One on One relationship used to grow and challenge us to not be conformed to this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of our mind, so that we will do what pleases God (Romans 12:2).
Visit with our team to pray and discern who might be a good mentor for you.
Please email Pam Meyer if you’re interested in discipleship.
Please contact Pam Meyer.
Fellowship and Prayer
More opportunities coming soon.
If you have any questions, please contact our Ladies’ Director, Pam Meyer.
Our mission is to partner with you in leading your child to pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE. Through that God-centered LIFE, your child will truly know, love, and serve Jesus Christ with all of their heart.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Early Childhood (6 weeks – Preschool)
KidLIFE gives your little one a first impression of their loving heavenly Father. They will discover who God is through these three truths:
-God loves me.
-God made me.
-Jesus wants to be my friend forever.
Preschoolers will hear an engaging Bible story and experience worship through song and dance every Sunday. During their LIFE Group time, they will meet with friends and a devoted leader who will guide them through activities and discussions to help them learn more about the God who loves them most.
Elementary (Kindergarten – 5th Grade)
KidLIFE invites your Kindergartener – 5th grader to grow in their relationship with God and with others by discovering how they are part of God’s big story. Your child will begin to explore who God is, what they mean to Him, how much they are loved by Him, and how they can live for Him. Before your child heads off to middle school, we want to make sure these three truths stick:
-I need to make the wise choice.
-I can trust God no matter what.
-I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Each Sunday, your child will hear a Bible story told in an unforgettable way accompanied by engaging worship through song and dance. During their LIFE Group time, kids will have the opportunity to make friends, ask questions, and discuss what they’ve learned. Your child will also participate in activities that reinforce the main application point of the week. Their dedicated leader will help them understand how the Bible applies to their life and learn how to grow in their relationship with God.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE FALL
In KidLIFE, we believe that it’s important for your child to have another consistent voice invested in their lives saying the same thing about God that you are. To partner with you more effectively in the spiritual development of your child, we will launch LIFE groups for kids beginning September 7! We would love for you to join our KidLIFE team in this effort. Here are the available opportunities:
– Nursery, Toddler, or Two’s Volunteer
– Preschool or Elementary LIFE Group Leader
– Bible Storyteller
– Large Group Host
– Worship Dance Leader
– Tech Team
– Supply & Prep Team
Consider becoming part of the KidLIFE team by stepping out of your comfort zone and believing God can produce extraordinary results through your faith and obedience to impact the life of a child, parent, and family in our church and community. Contact Rebecca Peters, KidKIFE Director, at 704-607-3272 or firstname.lastname@example.org to experience the magic and leave a legacy for eternity.
To pursue at all costs a passionate God-centered LIFE
WHY? So that students become world-changing followers of Jesus Christ.
is a visual picture of Student Life’s vision for accomplishing our mission. As a leader our desire is that you know this by heart.
Gospel: We desire for the Gospel to be at the center of ALL we do. (Romans 5:8, Romans 1:16-17)
Gather: Sunday mornings we gather. Cell groups gather. Students and leaders gather for discipleship and accountability. At camps and retreats we gather. As we give leadership opportunities we gather. Every opportunity with our students is an opportunity for them to learn and grow. (Acts 2:42-47, Ecclesiastes 4:12, Matthew 18:20)
Grow: Our prayer is that during the times of gathering our students are challenged to grow closer to the Lord. Taking every opportunity to learn more about who He is and how we can live for His glory.
(1 Peter 2:1-3, Philippians 4:8-9)
Go: We challenge our students to live their lives worthy of the Gospel. When they GO to school, GO home, GO to practices, GO to games, GO to rehearsals, we want them to be proclaiming Christ. We challenge them to “Love Your City” by loving their schools, their families, their friends. Spring Break mission trips provide them with opportunities to GO. We pray and believe that the Lord will use our students to change the world as they GO.
- 9:30AM: 6th – 9th Grade
- 11:00AM: 10th – 12th Grade
- Location: “Black-Box”
- Small Groups that meet outside of Sunday morning in homes throughout the Lake Norman Area.
- Groups are based on grades and gender (Ex: 6th / 7th Boys SL Group).
Life University is part of our over-all strategy for discipleship and equipping Believers on how to live Biblically and to teach others. Life University classes are open to everyone of any age. You do not need to be a member to attend. Through Life University we teach courses like Financial Peace University or deal with topics like Apologetics, Marriage and Family, Discipleship 101, Evangelism, Discipleship and Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts. We also do verse-by-verse Bible studies, offer video classes featuring teachers like Beth Moore or James Dobson and include studies surrounding books such as “Two Becoming One” or “The Excellent Wife”. Classes range in length from 1 week to 1 year, with most classes lasting 6-8 weeks.
We encourage our LIFE family to come 1 hour for worship and to stay a second hour to learn or serve. Life University is an integral part of that challenge as many stay for specialized instructions and some even serve on the Life University faculty.
WHERE DOES LIFE UNIVERSITY MEET?
Life University meets in the classrooms throughout the Community School of Davidson. Specific room locations can be found on our directory at the front desk or Connect Table. Signs are also posted outside the classrooms.
WHEN DOES LIFE UNIVERSITY MEET?
Most classes are offered at 11:00 a.m. on Sundays with the remaining ones meeting at 9:30 a.m.
HOW TO CONNECT:
Register for these studies through GraceBase.
We hold pre-enrollment 1 month prior to the start of each class and that guarantees a seat. If seats remain, you may attend a class on a first-come-first-served basis from week to week as long as there is available space. For more information, contact Pastor Dan Burrell. Below are the current classes:
NEW LIFE UNIVERSITY CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY MEETING
During the 9:30AM Service
S.H.A.P.E. – Knowing and Using Your Spiritual Gifts (6 Weeks)
Instructor: Bruce and Lynn Wray
Location/Time: Room 228 at 9:30AM
Description: Have you wanted to know more about spiritual gifts? Do you know your spiritual gifts? Do you want ways to utilize your spiritual gifts? S.H.A.P.E. gives you answers into the questions of Spiritual Gifts and how the Holy Spirit can use you to use them for the benefit of your church.
Financial Peace University (9 weeks)
Instructor: Kerry Belcher
Location/Time: Room 230 at 9:30AM
Cost: $100 (student resources and materials); attend all eight classes and receive a $50 refund
Description: Want to do more with less? Does living debt-free appeal to you? Do you want to be able to save for the future, be generous to God and others and avoid financial stress that ruins relationships? This world-renown course shows you how.
Infinity & Beyond – A Study of the Doctrine of God (8 Weeks)
Instructor: Terry Oldham
Location/Time: Room 226 at 9:30AM
Book: Wayne Grudem’s book Systematic Theology
Description: What is Systematic Theology? What can we know about God? What are the primary characteristics and attributes of God? All of these are crucial questions that believers need to understand in order to defend their faith. This is a GREAT apologetics class!
The Life of Samuel – A Study of I & II Samuel (ongoing)
Instructor: Matt Hatfield
Location/Time: Room 232 at 9:30AM
Description: Join LIFE Fellowship elder, Matt Hatfield as he teaches through the books of I & II Samuel. Learn from the stories, principles and prophecies found in these rich books.
During the 11:00AM Service
Answering the God Questions – Apologetics and You (ongoing)
Instructor: Harold Hansen
Location/Time: Room 224 at 11:00AM
Description: No matter how new or seasoned you are to Christianity, everyone has questions about the Bible. This class seeks to find credible answers to the questions that arise about the Biblical text. This is a great apologetics class taught by a LIFE University favorite!
The missions strategy for Life Fellowship includes “Heads, Hands and Hearts”. Through these three areas, we seek to challenge thinking, help others and change lives through the Gospel. (Matthew 27:19) In pursuing these areas, we hope to bring people to Christ locally, nationally and internationally. We encourage people to EMBRACE their mission by becoming personally involved in taking the Gospel to others wherever they go. Whatever we do, through apologetics, through ministering to those who are struggling, through planting churches, through supporting international projects – we are committed that it MUST contain a Gospel core. Money, labor, supplies or mere arguments never change lives. Only Jesus can give real answers, real hope, real sustenance and real change. We are all for philanthropy and believe it should be done, but our highest goal is to see people of all nations, all socio-economic strata, all intellectual and educational levels and all races hear the ONLY message that will still matter in a thousand years – that is….Jesus Saves!
Our missions ministry is established as 10% of the previous year’s actual giving plus any special financial gifts that are designated through our regular and special offerings. The total base amount designated to missions for Fiscal Year 2013-14 is: $114,600.
Here’s a breakdown of our current projects and ministry partners:
Publication and distribution of Bibles, Bible Studies and other Resources
Life Fellowship Church Planting Initiative
Stewards of the Game
Two Becoming One Local
Mooresville Christian Mission
Community School of Davidson
Crisis Pregnancy Center of Lake Norman
Bread of Life Feeding Ministry/Lake Norman Baptist Church
Prison Ministry Fellowship
Charlotte Rescue Mission
Life Fellowship Benevolence Ministry
In His Steps Dance Ministry
Imago Dei, Scottsdale, AZ – Church Planting
Alpha Ministries – India/Africa
Missions Connect – Cuba
Institute for Biblical Leadership – Vietnam
Children’s Impact Network – Bolivia
Two Becoming One International – Cuba
OTHER Partnered Projects and Agencies
COMING SOON! – LIFE Works
LIFE Works is a separate missions fund which will enable members of LIFE Fellowship to apply for special funding grants to use toward engaging in ministry projects as a small group, family, individual or other partnerships. Grants will be issues on a quarterly basis and can be requested for amounts from $100 to $1,000 dollars. A grant request form with complete instructions will be located on this page in the coming weeks.
…el lugar donde la VIDA se define
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter:
Comunion de Vida
Buscar a Toda Costa y con Pasión Una VIDA Centrada en Dios
Deseamos ser menos egocéntricos y más centrados en Dios. Cuando le permitimos a Dios ser el centro de nuestras vidas, comenzamos a ser mucho mas que meramente personas existentes. ¡Comenzamos a vivir! Pero no se deje engañar. Vivir para Dios puede ser muy costoso y a veces pudiera implicar confiar en Él aún cuando la vida no parezca tener ningún sentido. Vivir para Dios también pudiera conllevar el abandono de nuestros propios deseos personales con el fin de experimentar el deseo de Dios para nuestra vidas.
En Comunión de Vida, creemos que vale la pena el esfuerzo de buscar a toda costa y con pasión una vida centrada en Dios. Simplemente no hay nada más gratificante que vivir para Aquel que envió a Su Hijo a morir por nosotros. Suena contradictorio, pero Jesús murió por nosotros para que vivamos por él. Jesús dijo: “Yo he venido para que tengan vida y la tengan en abundancia” (Juan 10:10). Queremos que todos experimenten la vida que Jesús vino a darnos y la clave es buscar a toda costa y con pasión una vida centrada en Dios. Tenemos que proseguir en pos de Aquel que vino por nosotros ( Lucas 19:10 ).
En Comunión de Vida siempre comenzamos nuestros servicios diciendo: “Bienvenidos al lugar donde la VIDA se define.” Decimos esto porque creemos que al buscar a toda costa y con pasión una vida centrada en Dios, nuestras vidas ya no carecen de significado. Definimos la VIDA de esta manera: Nuestra VIDA estarán completamente definida tan pronto como estemos:
Viviendo en Comunidad
Invirtiendo en Crecimiento
Descubriendo nuestro Propósito
Adoptando nuestra Misión
Dios quiere que vivamos una vida a plenitud. Hay quienes dedican sus vidas haciendo una gran labor comunitaria, pero no adoptan la misión y propósito de Dios dentro de la comunidad. Nuestra vida estará bien definida solamente cuando experimentemos cada uno de los componentes de la V-I-D-A. En Comunión de VIDA, creemos que cuando buscamos a toda costa y con pasión una vida centrada en Dios, el resultado final será la Vida en comunidad, la Inversión en nuestro crecimiento espiritual, el Descubrimiento de nuestro propósito en el mundo y la Adopción de nuestra misión en él. ¡Cuando esto sucede, la VIDA se manifiesta, y de igual manera la visión de Dios para Su iglesia! ¡Bienvenidos a Comunión de VIDA!
¿En qué creemos?
DEIDAD Y HUMANIDAD DE CRISTO
Creemos que Jesucristo es todo Dios y todo hombre. Él existe eternamente como Dios. Hace dos mil años, Jesús tomó la forma de hombre a través de su nacimiento virginal por medio de María; vivió una vida sin pecado; murió en la cruz por los pecados de la humanidad; y se levantó de entre los muertos en el tercer día con el fin de glorificar al Dios-Padre. (Juan 1: 1, 20:28; Hechos 20: 28b; Hebreos 1:8a; Tito 1:3b, 2:13)
PECADO ORIGINAL Y SEPARACIÓN DE DIOS
Creemos que la humanidad fue creada a imagen de Dios, pero esta imagen fue envilecida por el pecado tras la caída de Adán en el Jardín del Edén. Consecuentemente, cada persona nace en pecado, con una naturaleza totalmente depravada e incapaz de obtener salvación por sí mismo. (Génesis 1:26, 2:1-17, 6:5; Romanos 3:10-19; Ef 2:1-3.)
SACRIFICIO Y MUERTE DE CRISTO POR EL PECADO Y SU RESURRECCIÓN CORPORAL
Creemos que la única esperanza para la humanidad radica en el sacrificio perfecto que Jesucristo hizo cuando entregó su vida en la cruz del Calvario. A través de su muerte, él tomó todo el pecado de la humanidad sobre sí, y tres días después resucitó venciendo la muerte física y natural. (Juan 3:16; Romanos 5:8,10:9-10)
Hay un solo Dios que se revela en tres Personas: Padre, Hijo y Espíritu Santo. Cada una de estas tres Personas es plenamente Dios. Sin embargo, no son tres dioses, sino UN SOLO DIOS. La Trinidad es eterna y no tiene principio ni fin. La Trinidad es santa, soberana, misericordiosa y justa. (Mateo 28:19-20; Marcos 12:29; Juan 1:14, Hechos 5:3-4; 2 Corintios 13:14; Hebreos 1:1-3; Apocalipsis 1:4-6)
EL REGRESO FÍSICO DE CRISTO
Creemos en el inminente regreso de Jesucristo. Él regresará y la Iglesia va a vivir en perfecta paz por toda la eternidad con él. (Ezequiel 37:21-28; Mateo 24:15-25; 2 Tim 3:1-5; Apocalipsis 20:1-3)
AUTORIDAD INFALIBLE DE LAS SAGRADAS ESCRITURAS
Creemos que la Biblia es la Palabra de Dios. Creemos que fue escrita sin error en su forma original bajo la inspiración del Espíritu Santo, y que tiene el fin de atraer a las personas a Cristo e instruirlas para que sean semejantes a Él, para la gloria de Dios. Creemos que la Biblia es la autoridad absoluta para la vida y la fe.
LA SALVACIÓN ES POSIBLE POR GRACIA Y POR MEDIO DE LA FE EN CRISTO
Creemos que la salvación se obtiene únicamente cuando ponemos nuestra fe en la muerte, sepultura y resurrección de Jesucristo. La salvación es una dádiva de Dios y es imposible obtener la salvación fuera de la gracia de Dios o por el esfuerzo de nuestras propias obras. (Juan 14: 6; Efesios 2, 8-9)
SEGURIDAD ETERNA DEL CREYENTE
Creemos que una vez un creyente pone su fe en Jesucristo, será salvo para siempre. No toda profesión de fe en Cristo es sincera, pero si la persona verdadera y genuinamente ha recibido a Cristo, nunca perderá su salvación. Sin embargo, también creemos que la salvación produce un cambio auténtico en la vida del creyente. La misma fe que Dios da para salvación es la misma fe que Dios da al creyente para ser transformado a la imagen de Cristo. (Juan 5:24, 10:28, 13, 1, 14:16-17, 17:11; Romanos 8:29, 1 Co 6:19; Hebreos 7:25)
What is LIFECare?
At LIFE Fellowship we believe the LIFE Group is the primary point of care for our people. Our desire is that everyone be connected in a LIFE Group where gathering, growing, and going happens. When this happens, real care can take place. There are however, those times, when the care need is too big for the group to meet or even that rare occasion when someone isn’t connected in a LIFE Group and for those times we have…
The LIFECare ministry at LIFE Fellowship… LIFECare is here to walk alongside you when you are hurt or struggling. We do not wish for anyone in this body of believers to have an unmet fundamental life need.
Our various ministries are designed to assist in providing the necessary support during difficult seasons of life. We are making every effort to minimize these unfortunate incidences through the LIFECare Ministry but recognize that they still occur. During those times, we desire to help you on your journey to healing.
We have 7 current ministries with more to come:
What do LIFECare team members do?
LIFECare team members reach out to people who are going through a broad range of life experiences. For any of life’s difficult situations, God does not want us to go through it alone. It could be a divorce, a job loss, an extended illness, the loss of a loved one, or any other tough time that comes our way. LIFECare team members are specifically trained to provide emotional and spiritual care for those who are hurting. They come alongside to listen, encourage, and pray with those in need.
There will be a training session open to any adult who wants to offer one-to-one encouragement, comfort, or support to those facing difficult situations.
NOTE: This page is not to be used to give. If you wish to give to LIFE Fellowship, please use our new database GraceBase.
If you wish to cancel reoccurring payments, please cancel them by logging into your ACS Account here.
To access Online Giving for the first time in five easy steps:
1. Click HERE to be taken to the Client Portal
2. Then click the link beside “Need a Log in?”
3. Fill out the required information
4. You will receive an email with a default password.
5. Log in with that password and change it to a password of your choosing.
If you have trouble logging in, or if you have not provided us with your email address please contact us HERE.
Please know that there is a 2.5% charge for giving done through the website. This is paid from the donation and not charged to you. If your bank has automatic “Bill Pay”, we encourage you to use this service if you plan on making an on-going automatic donation. If you’d like to cover the fee yourself as you donate, you’ll find a category for “Bank Fees” which you may use to offset the bank charge. Thank you for your faithful support of the many ministries of Life Fellowship!
LIFE Fellowship Family… it’s Time to Build!
We have less than 100 days and counting to raise $2 million in pledges and cash!
By June 1, 2015, we need to have $2 million in pledges and cash before the bank will authorize our construction loan.
God has put before us an incredible opportunity not to just build a building…but to build His church!
Over the next several weeks, we will be following-up with you in regards to your intentions to pledge and give towards the Time to Build Capital Campaign. Thank you in advance for your contributions!
For up-to-date building information…
Like our Facebook page – facebook.com/lifefellowshipcharlotte
Follow us on Twitter – @lifecharlotte
Check us out on Instagram – life_fellowship_charlotte
Sign up for the weekly eNewsletter – click here
Grab a Bulletin during Sunday Service
Ask a LIFE Staff Member!
Facts & Information
- 30,400 square feet under roof.
- Auditorium seating for approximately 600 people. Floor seating will be removable chairs and riser seating will be fixed chairs.
- Spacious lobby and gathering area with a small café / warming kitchen and seating for fellowship and discipleship.
- Separate family lobby for parents and children from infancy through grade five.
- Classrooms and large assembly area for KidLIFE which has also been designed to house a 5-day-per-week Child Development Center in accordance with Mecklenberg County codes. This will be a tremendous outreach and will also generate some revenue toward early debt retirement that has not been factored into future budgets. The center would serve about 80-100 children.
- A special hospitality room for LIFEQuest classes, meetings, small Bible studies and more. Room will be nicely appointed and contain a fireplace.
- A wing for StudentLIFE with classrooms and two assembly areas for Middle School and High School students
- A modest office suite with enough offices to allow us to relocate all of our offices onto our campus saving $4,500 per month in rent which will be used to retire debt on the new building.
- Several LIFE University classrooms and multi-use classrooms which can be used throughout the week.
- Weekday reception area with separate entrance for security and utilities savings.
- Large stage and set area for worship.
- Video recording room and technical support space.
- Necessary restrooms, work areas, greeting centers and storage.
This floorplan does not include everything we certainly would like to have had or in some cases even need, but within our budget and capacity, this layout is a very efficient, high-use, practical and functional design that will serve the church well during this phase of our growth and ministry. This is truly an “all-week-long” facility which will be used to “make” and “mobilize” disciples to declare, display and defend the TRUTH while persuing at all costs, the passionate, God-centered, LIFE!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the new building going to cost?
Initial estimates are that the total cost of the building from this point will be approximately $7.2-7.5 million dollars. This amount includes site development, parking and roads, sewer, water, drainage, building, sidewalks, landscaping, equipment, furnishing and A/V/L. This does not include the land which is paid for free and clear and has a value in excess of $1.75 million.
What do we need to raise to ensure that the building can be completed by the summer of 2016?
We need to raise $2,000,000 in cash between now and June 1st, 2016. That is 14 months. We need to have a substantial portion of this in hand by June 1st,2015 so that the bank will authorize our construction loan. In addition to the cash we will have by June 1st, 2015, we need to have commitments for at least 120% of the balance. For example, if we raise $500,000 of the $2,000,000 by June 1st, 2015, we need to have commitments from our church family for $1.8 (or 120% of the balance of $1,500,00) by that date as well. Obviously, the more cash we have by that date, the easier our financial package can be completed.
Where are we at with our plans?
- Final tweaks to the Elevation (exterior views) of the building are near completion and a final view will be available no later than March 11th. Current look is on this page.
- The Design and Development Plan which includes exterior and interior floor plans will be completed by March 18th.
- Full Construction Documents will begin development March 18th and will take 6-8 weeks to complete. Once they are complete, bidding will begin shortly thereafter.
- The site plan is complete and has been released as of March 5th for bidding for the first phase of site development which includes demolition of existing structures, removal of debris, erection of erosion containment fencing and removal of trees and brush.
- Activity on the site should begin by the end of March weather cooperating.
- The “Time to Build” giving Intentions need to be collected and the first large cash gifts need to be received by May 31st. If that reaches the $2,000,000 target, then permits will be applied for on June 1st and will take 6-8 weeks to be approved.
- Financing agreements will be signed with the lender.
- Phase 2 of the site development would begin in June and take 6-8 weeks to complete.
- Construction on the building would begin in August or September.
*Note: These dates can be impacted by a variety of circumstances ranging from weather, to insufficient fundraising, to delays from vendors, etc. We will update these dates as necessary.
Got additional questions or feedback about Time to Build?
Please email us, and we’ll get back to you soon!
Missed an Event? Listen to the Podcast!
Thank you for investing in LIFE Fellowship Church!
CLICK HERE to access your GraceBase Giving Account