LIFE Fellowship Family… it’s Time to Build!
We have less than 10 days to raise $2 million in pledges and cash!
By June 1, 2015, we need to have $2 million in pledges and cash before the bank will authorize our construction loan. God has put before us an incredible opportunity not to just build a building…but to build His church! For a current update on our progress in the Time to Build Campaign, take a look at the below chart which represents our progress as of May 17. Thank you so much for your support in this project!
For up-to-date building information…
Like our Facebook page – facebook.com/lifefellowshipcharlotte
Follow us on Twitter – @lifecharlotte
Check us out on Instagram – life_fellowship_charlotte
Sign up for the weekly eNewsletter – click here
Grab a Bulletin during Sunday Service
Ask a LIFE Staff Member!
Facts & Information
- Click here to view the latest artist renderings of the new facility!
- Visit LIFE Fellowship’s Facebook page by clicking the Facebook share button at the top of the page to view photos and videos of all the latest activity out on the land!
- 30,400 square feet under roof.
- Auditorium seating for approximately 600 people. Floor seating will be removable chairs and riser seating will be fixed chairs.
- Spacious lobby and gathering area with a small café / warming kitchen and seating for fellowship and discipleship.
- Separate family lobby for parents and children from infancy through grade five.
- Classrooms and large assembly area for KidLIFE which has also been designed to house a 5-day-per-week Child Development Center in accordance with Mecklenberg County codes. This will be a tremendous outreach and will also generate some revenue toward early debt retirement that has not been factored into future budgets. The center would serve about 80-100 children.
- A special hospitality room for LIFEQuest classes, meetings, small Bible studies and more. Room will be nicely appointed and contain a fireplace.
- A wing for StudentLIFE with classrooms and two assembly areas for Middle School and High School students
- A modest office suite with enough offices to allow us to relocate all of our offices onto our campus saving $4,500 per month in rent which will be used to retire debt on the new building.
- Several LIFE University classrooms and multi-use classrooms which can be used throughout the week.
- Weekday reception area with separate entrance for security and utilities savings.
- Large stage and set area for worship.
- Video recording room and technical support space.
- Necessary restrooms, work areas, greeting centers and storage.
This floorplan does not include everything we certainly would like to have had or in some cases even need, but within our budget and capacity, this layout is a very efficient, high-use, practical and functional design that will serve the church well during this phase of our growth and ministry. This is truly an “all-week-long” facility which will be used to “make” and “mobilize” disciples to declare, display and defend the TRUTH while pursuing at all costs, the passionate, God-centered, LIFE!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the new building going to cost?
Initial estimates are that the total cost of the building from this point will be approximately $7.2-7.5 million dollars. This amount includes site development, parking and roads, sewer, water, drainage, building, sidewalks, landscaping, equipment, furnishing and A/V/L. This does not include the land which is paid for free and clear and has a value in excess of $1.75 million.
What do we need to raise to ensure that the building can be completed by the summer of 2016?
We need to raise $2,000,000 in cash between now and June 1, 2016. That is 14 months. We need to have a substantial portion of this in hand by June 1,2015 so that the bank will authorize our construction loan. In addition to the cash we will have by June 1, 2015, we need to have commitments for at least 120% of the balance. For example, if we raise $500,000 of the $2,000,000 by June 1, 2015, we need to have commitments from our church family for $1.8 (or 120% of the balance of $1,500,00) by that date as well. Obviously, the more cash we have by that date, the easier our financial package can be completed.
Where are we at with our plans?
- Final tweaks to the Elevation (exterior views) of the building are near completion. Current look is on this page.
- Full Construction Documents began development March 18 and will take 6-8 weeks to complete. Once they are complete, bidding will begin shortly thereafter.
- The site plan is complete and has been released as of March 5 for bidding for the first phase of site development which includes demolition of existing structures, removal of debris, erection of erosion containment fencing and removal of trees and brush.
- Activity on the site should begin by the end of March weather cooperating.
- The “Time to Build” giving Intentions need to be collected and the first large cash gifts need to be received by May 31. If that reaches the $2,000,000 target, then permits will be applied for on June 1 and will take 6-8 weeks to be approved.
- Financing agreements will be signed with the lender.
- Phase 2 of the site development would begin in June and take 6-8 weeks to complete.
- Construction on the building would begin in August or September.
*Note: These dates can be impacted by a variety of circumstances ranging from weather, to insufficient fundraising, to delays from vendors, etc. We will update these dates as necessary.
We see activity on the new property, what is happening now?
Site Development has now officially begun! On April 2, a construction entrance was built and initial work on the erosion control fencing began. Most surveying has now been completed and tree preservation and surveying is taking place. The demolition of the old buildings will be completed in mid-late May and will be soon followed by construction of several paths with tree removal. A water retention pond will be built followed by massive tree demolition and grading. By the end of April, the property will see significant changes!
What is our current status on the 100 Day Time to Build Project Re-Launch?
During March, we met with over 100 LIFE families to discuss the Time to Build Project and explain the history and process of raising the funds. Many of these folks were not members of LIFE during our previous introductions to the project. In April and May, we continued communication by holding private conversations with families and hosting a church-wide event on April 19.
I received my intention card, when and where do I turn it in?
We are asking each of our church families to read through the information and to fill out and return the intention card as soon as possible, but no later than May 31. You can mail the card to the church office or turn it in on Sunday.
If I Currently Give to Time to Build, does that count toward the $2,000,000?
YES! Everything given starting on March 15 is counted toward the $2,000,000. The previous building fund balance of $1,000,000 has been transferred to our Building Account and will be used for the current site development work.
When Do We Expect to Be in the New Building?
If we hit our $2,000,000 target of commitments and gifts by June 1, we anticipate starting actual construction on the building in August or early September. It will take approximately 300 days to complete construction (weather and other conditions cooperating.) This would put us in the new facility around the start of summer, 2016.
Got additional questions or feedback about Time to Build?
Please email us, and we’ll get back to you soon!
Missed an Event? Listen to the Podcast!
Thank you for investing in LIFE Fellowship Church!
CLICK HERE to access your GraceBase Giving Account